[citansdnd] Re: Character plans

  • From: marbleminotaur@xxxxxxx
  • To: citansdnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:09:54 -0400

Gah, gotta sign into my e-mail more often. I assume this is for Casey's
campaign? I was originally going to try and avoid playing the Leader role this
time and had a character idea set up months ago for a Minotaur Beastmaster
Ranger working to expand trade to the east. However, I just realised that
another character of mine I've always wanted to play actually falls right
into?one of the?Leader classes for 4th Ed. More specifically, the Shaman class
from Player's Handbook 2. An additional?Leader or someone with at least a small
ability to heal like a crossclassed character would probably be a good
compliment regardless though, especially if our group is big like it probably
will be.

I've given it a lot of thought, and I'll probably be playing Yeldroon Merthuus
Delruun, Minotaur Shaman.?He comes from the area where Denmark is currently
located today and his mentor spirits are leading him east. He is following them
to understand why. If Casey wants I can type up a huge backstory for him to
read, because it does in fact exist and would probably fit well into the
established campaign universe.

As for how you play your character, that's fine to me. As long as he's played
believably there shouldn't be a problem. Kinda funny though, considering my
character, Yeldroon, doesn't have a preference either way if it ever came up.
Not that he's looking. And for all you who remember Ladsworth, no he was not
gay, he was just delightfully innocent. And liked purple. Hey, it's a regal
color, don't judge!