[ciscomgr] Re: donkey's and bananas

  • From: <ruperts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciscomgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:39:37 -0400

I really don't have a lot to add to what has already been said. I think r|p
made very valid points - the abuse of power, general faggotry, and of course
chicks that give ops head.

We need a set of guidelines for the channel, but we don't need to go to
extremes and crush minor infractions under a jackboot either. We are on here to
have fun, not create an environment where u have to watch everything you say,
or have to give a long winded explanation with logs and captures and powerpoint
presentations to justify why you kicked some luser either. Everyone is going to
have an off day or somebody that bothers them occasionaly that needs a good
kicking, it is just that the people mentioned seem to abuse the right. I prefer
using [Omega]'s ftp://127.169.9.33 l:cisco p:juarez when people want CCNA/Net
Academy stuff rather than give them SiSamurais page. If the question they ask
is the first hit on cisco.com they deserve what they get tho.

Guidelines we need are:
1) Method or procedure to add new ops.
2) Procedure to remove or suspend ones that abuse the power - how many
warnings? Do we spank them with a suspension? That kind of thing.
3) X access level matrix - tlv already said babez get level 69, what other
levels do we want? I do not think that anyone should be over 400 without being
in #ciscoSystems as well.
4) Keep stupid shit out of the topic. A good humorous pic or something off
topic is fine, just not /nick Fudamak /topic I like boys /nick SiSamurai
5) Keep it simple, we dont need a lot of rules, just a few basic ones.

Xian