(no subject)

  • From: "Sheryl Bass" <blueburst70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cisb102su01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 02:16:13 +0000

Telnet is a window-based system that allows you to access a remote computer
system over the Internet, and use it as if you were sitting in front of it.
Telnet protocol makes this possible by using character commands without a
mouse.  Yikes! http://oregonstate.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/[1]

I practiced using Telnet on the Library of Congress site:
telnet://140.147.254.3&nbnbspnbsp[2]

At the Library of Congress Telnet site.  I learned when using Telnet that as
you type commands, they don?t display on the screen and nothing happens
untilyou hit enter and then a new screen will appear.

Something Helpful was the HELP COMMAND option.  This gave me some insight on
some commands I could use to accomplish different tasks.  The BROWSE option
was helpful as well, because you could search the different categories for
interesting stuff.

 All in all, the Telnet experience was interesting but a little taxing.  It
was a little confusing, since my only experience with computers has been in
the windows age.  I have little experience with DOS and programming so my
frame of reference was limited.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[3]

--- Links ---
   1 http://oregonstate.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/
   2 telnet://140.147.254.3&amp;nbnbspnbsp
   3 'http://g.msn.com/1HM100901/q'