[cisb102su01] CISB 102 Lesson 4 Question 4

  • From: anna hendrick <a_hendrick_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cisb102su01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:11:25 -0800 (PST)

 CISB 102 Lesson 4 Question 4

       I learned a number of things about telnet?s uses: one being that it?s
purpose is to connect one computer directly to another computer to manipulate
or transfer data. It is also a window based program.
http://www.lvsonline.com/telnet/telnet2000.html  Telnet is the Most Powerful
interface one can have into a web server.  Telnet also is kind of like DOS, as
it lets one directly execute and debug programs during a session. In order to
use Telnet, one must have a telnet program resident on the local machine.
http://hosting.webhostwest.com/telnet_tutorial.htm

I practiced using telnet at telnet://140.147.254.3
&nbnbspnbsp;

When I typed in the address an option came up that asked if I would like it to
access the internet. I said no the first couple times and nothing would happen.
So, the thinbspimnbspsanbspesnbsp anbsps
nbspinnbspetnbspANnbsplenbspo-nbspernbspyenbspnbnbspThen all this information
came up for the Library of Congress.  I chose to see what one of the options
said, I picked the general information category. There I learned that LC
(Library of Congress) is a library that serves Congress, the federal
government, the library community worldwide, and any researchers beyond
high-school.  Materials are requested using special LC slips and are assessed
by assistants.

Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball