[cisb102sp04] cisb102 l4 q6 - telnet

  • From: Tom Spare <etspare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: listserv <cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:36:19 -0800 (PST)

Telnet has been around many years before the introduction of WWW. It was and
still is used to connect remotely to another computer or piece of equipment
such as a Cisco router. When you are attempting to connect to another computer
you need to know that IP address and if required, a login name. For a little
more in-depth look at Telnet check out
http://edt.uow.edu.au/elec195/group-projects-2k/group10/index.html

My experience with Telnet address is that many of them have become obsolete and
replaced with WWW addresses. I did find one called
telnet://rainmaker.wunderground.com for weather information, the Lansing
weather for March 6, 2004 is as follows:

Weather Conditions at 08:55 PM EST on 06 Mar 2004 for Lansing, MI.

Temp(F) Humidity(%) Wind(mph) Pressure(in) Weather

37 70% WSW at 8 29.99 Overcast

Forecast for Lansing, MI

352 PM EST Sat Mar 6 2004

.Tonight...Cloudy with rain and snow developing after midnight. A rumble of
thunder possible. Snow accumulation an inch or less. Lows in the upper 20s.
West winds 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest 10 to 20 mph after midnight. Chance
of precipitation 80 percent.

Telnet is a quick way to retrieve information as it is text based.

Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.