[cisb102sp04] Lesson 4 - Question 6 Telnet

  • From: "Debbie Jackson" <walkerlynn37@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cisb102sp04" <cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:13:26 -0500

Telnet allows for remote access of a computer and to provide the ability to
instruct that computer to create, edit, execute, and delete files as if the
user were sitting at that computer.  I learned about telnet at
http://www.education.mcgill.ca/432-408/tel_tut/ietelnet.htm to learn about
telnet .  I went to telnet://134.4.10.106  to practice telnet.  The telnet
screen is reminiscent of a screen that might be used for programming.
Navigating through the menu was difficult at first because you could not move
through the choices using the mouse.  The arrow keys had to be used and that
took some getting use to.

D. Lynn Walker
walkerlynn37@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"To ask a hard question is simple," W. H. Auden