[cisb102sp04] Lesson 4 Question 5 -Software Developer/Tester

  • From: "Sue Brooks" <suebrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CISB 102 Listserv" <cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:08:44 -0500

The Internet has many job boards that list available positions. I have been a
little reluctant to post my resume.  I have used the boards to search for
positions, but frankly I have been a little reluctant to contact a company that
doesn't identify itself. The below posting sounds interesting, but it has so
many misspellings and I saw that it was posted under several areas of Michigan.
(I searched for Internet under all the city locations in Michigan.) I would not
repond to this add for these reasons.

I found the following job posted on  http://www.monster.com/

SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / TESTER

Established company seeking dependable, enthusiastic, and responsible software
developers to be a part of virtual internet-based projects.

The successful candidate should be proficient in some of the following areas:

* Web Scripts: PHP, Perl OR ASP, Java OR Some HTML
* Databases a plus: SQL OR Acces OR RDBMS
* Operating Systems: Linux Or Windows
* Educational Backround: Associate, BS, Courses in C, C++
* Ability to work in a dynamic group environment
* Professional Mannerism
* Stable work histsory
* Great communication & collarboration skills
* Quality and completeness of assignments, including:
- investigation, design input, development, bug fixing, porting,
- documentation, testing, and general product maintenance
* Participates in product design meetings

The projects will involve software design, maintenance, development
and testing. To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Relocation is not required
as the successful candidate will work from home.

Job Title: Software Developers & Testers
Primary Skills: familiarity w/ scripting (e.g. php,c,asp) & databases
(rdbms,sql)
Job Industry: Other
Salary: DOE
Hours per Week: flextime, to 40
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: Contract to Permanent
Detailed Job Duration: NA
Degree Type: NA
Degree Area: NA
Experience Minimum: NA

Sue Brooks, Brooks Computers for Business
suebrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
Albert Schweitzer