[cisb102sp02] CISB 102 My Project Website

  • From: Nathan Feldpausch <natef10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CISB 102 List <cisb102sp02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 03:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

Here is the URL to my website for the CISB 102 project:
http://www.geocities.com/natef10/

My topic is Soapbox Derby racing.  My family and me have been building
and racing these cars as a hobby for 15 years.  Since we have had good
success I thought it would be a good idea to create a website about it.

For my website I used MS Frontpage for the first time.  I chose a theme
and customized it to my liking.  I also used shared borders to created
the same header and footer on all pages.  Two logos on my site are also
links to other sites.  On my photo page, I used thumbnails that link to
the larger picture that way the page loads faster.

Here is a tip:
I had tiled an image as my background.  When I uploaded my pages and
viewed them, the browser first loaded the background color.  Then it
loaded my background image.  This looked bad because they were totally
different colors (red and blue).  So I modified my background color to
make it similar to my background image.  Much better.

I really learned alot working on this project.  I plan on doing more
work on my website in the future.

Nathan Feldpausch

http://health.yahoo.com