[cisb102_vc] Lesson 4 question 4(March 4t)

  • From: "Sharisollner@xxxxxxxxxxx" <sharisollner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:53:23 -0500

Hello listserv, :)
This is Shari applying question 4, from Lesson 4, on March 4.
The address where I learned about Telnet is at
http://oregonstate.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/
I practice the use of Telnet at
telnet://140.147.254.3

I found this to be rather fascinating. While at this site you type in numbers
or letters to look up information. For example: To search for files  I had to
type in the letter 3 then enter. I learned that you had to hit enter every time
or it won't work. Some of the information I tried to look up they did not have
available at the time-even when I typed in Help, then enter, the site said that
help was not available at this time, but I found it to be interesting.

    Telnet allows you to remotely access a computer over the Internet. (One
host to another). This site provides information and the symbols needed to use
telnet accurately. However, I found at telnet://140.147.254.3

that they give you the symbols and numbers to use. I tried some other telnet
sights but found this one to be the most simplest. However, some of the files
could not be accessed for whatever reason. I was able to type in Cohs, then
enter and it would give me the information that I wanted to see.

Sharisollner@xxxxxxxxxxx
"how wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself"
-Ana's Nin