[cisb102_vc] Lesson 4 Question 4 Eric J. Proctor

  • From: "Proctor" <proctor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Listserv" <cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:08:04 -0500

1.)I learned about telnet's uses at
http://oregonstate.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/, and it is where you can access and
tell another computer what to do over the internet as long as you have an
account to that program or computer.  This is very helpful for ladies that need
to keep up work while on maternity leave, they can simply do their work from
home.  My aunt does this and has a program where she can do some of her work at
home just in case she didn't get her projects done at work that day.

2.) I practiced using the telnet at telnet://134.4.10.106

3.) I then logged in as ned and started messing around from there, I got a
little confused, of all the computer stuff I have done, I didn't learn much for
this, I have known what a telnet does, but have never used it and got confused
trying to use it.