[cisb102_vc] CISB 102, Lesson 3, Question 8

  • From: Andrew C Flanagan <aflan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:07:48 -0400

        This exercise calls for us to use so many acronyms that it
reminds me of a joke: Did you hear about the dyslexic UCLA student who
ended up at an ACLU meeting?
        Anyway, AISI, all this acronym usage on the Internet will create
a lot of confusion. It?s a little OTT, IMHO. It?s got me a little %-( .
It makes me want to go to the bar and get %*} . (Of course, a lot of
things make me feel that way.)
        This reminds me of the time I got my first confuser, er,
computer, back in the late ?80s. I was having a heck of a time learning
it, so I called the guy who sold it to me, who I knew through work. I
explained the
problem and he said, ?It sounds like a case of RTFM to me.? What?s that
mean?, I asked. ?Read the f------- manual.? (Are you LOL yet?)
        BTW, I hope everybody?s lives are returning to the way they were
B4 the terrorist attacks. HEY, OSAMA, WE?RE COMING FOR YOU! We?re not
just mad, we?re (:-&& .
        Well, that?s all I?ve got to say. Hope everybody is enjoying the
class. TTFN.

Andy Flanagan, or aflan@xxxxxxxx
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomaches."
--David Daye