[cisb102_vc] CISB 102 LESSON 4 QUESTION 4

  • From: "Taera O'Neil" <taeraoneil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ListServ CISB102" <cisb102_vc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:11:35 -0400

Question 4

Telnet is the remote login that's possible on the Internet because of the
Telnet Protocol. With Telnet Protocol you can tell the computer to create,
edit, execute and delete files like you were sitting at that computer. Most of
the time, you need an account on whatever computer you were trying to connect
to in order to do anything. There are some hosts that provide public services
that do not require a personal account to get into their computers. The URL
where I learned this is: http://oregonstate.edu/aw/tutorials/telnet/. I
practiced Telnet at 140.147.254.3. I logged in to it and it was confusing and
hard for me to get around. I learned that when you type in your choices you
don't always see what you type so it's hard to tell if you're doing anything.