[cisb102_campus] CISB102 ->assignment 4->question4

  • From: "John Cattron" <jcattron2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CISB102 Listserv" <cisb102_campus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:57:25 -0400

    * What I learned about Telnet's uses: I didn't really realize that telnet
was such a valuable
 resource for upkeep on a website. (
http://www.useforesite.com/tut_telnet.shtml )

 * I used a nifty little utility that my ISP has in order to "practice" telnet.
 ( timeleft.dialin.mich.net ) This lets you check the remaining time on your
internet connection.

 * Go to "Start" --> "Run" and type "telnet". In telnet, I connect to
timeleft.dialin.mich.net and it
 automatically displays the time remaining on my connection. I found that most
Unix commands did not
 work on this.
                         ''~``
                        ( o o )
|    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.   |
|   Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.      |
|                    .oooO                                |
|                    (   )   Oooo.                        |
                             (_/