[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:58:43 -0400

>> I think I owe you guys an apology for protesting against the new site.
>> It looks really good!

Awesome! :-) I'm glad you like it!

>> "Proudly powered by WordPress"

Can we drop the "proudly"? It seems a bit cheesy.

Some other suggestions:
* About: I really like the direction this page is taking! Unfortunately, it's
order in the header links is kind of buried. Could we put it as either the
left-most (if we get rid of the Home link), second-left most, or right-most
link?
* Authors: This entire page should be merged into the About page, under a
heading like, "About Us", "About Our Group", "Organisation", or merged into the
"About the CipherShed Project" heading.
* Now that everyone's monikers have been removed from the front About/Authors
page, and there's no similar list on the wiki/dev pages, there is now no easy,
clear, direct mapping between moniker and real names. This is a big problem. My
best suggestion for now is to have an "About" page on the wiki/dev pages, where
we have a mapping of monikers to real names. This way, end-users don't need to
worry about weird names, and new contributors will have an easy who's who list.
* Wiki: I'm also very happy with the technical/dev direction this is taking.
However, for better or worse, the "Interact" page no longer seems to exist.
Perhaps it should simply mirror (or point to) the About page on the front site?

Alain