[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 22:33:03 +0800

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:27:37 -0400
Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
> <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Btw, what do you people think about the footer?
> >
> > For now I put both powered by WP (the default) to acknowledge their
> > work, and a copyright by the CS project for lack of better ideas. What
> > do you think?
>
> I'd probably remove the "Powered by WP" thing to give a more
> professional look. Plus, that phrase will cause people to start
> searching for the admin login or trying to create accounts and
> whatnot. We already had some comment spam on the pages.
>
> I think I owe you guys an apology for protesting against the new site.
> It looks really good!

When you create a page, you uncheck "allow comments"! Otherwise we will
be bombarded by spam!

Also a quick look at the source code is enough to see that it's
wordpress. But sure I can remove it.

What about the "copyright by.."?

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.