[ciphershed] Re: TrueCrypt Author Claims That Forking Is Impossible http://it.slashdot.org/story/14/06/19/145219/truecrypt-author-claims-that-forking-is-impossible

  • From: "Jason Pyeron" <jpyeron@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:05:54 -0400

Until the greater goal is accomplished, use & support.

> Given that we're re-branding TC 7.1a as CipherShed, it seemed
> to me like we're doing the latter, but perhaps I'm missing
> part of the grander plan?

I am here because I understood, that with patience (>1 year), it was the former
with the latter as the short term (<1 year)

My personal goals are as follows
(//www.freelists.org/post/ciphershed/Introduction-Jason-Pyeron):

0. deterministic / automated build of TC 7.1a
1. Get it under a good license (BSD, Apache, etc) - CS 8.0
2. UEFI boot support
3. limited Soft reboot support
4. enterprise policy / credential server (network password server) support
5. then on to mobile...

Is this in line with the group? Is it close enough?

> Alain

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
This message is copyright PD Inc, subject to license 20080407P00.