[ciphershed] Re: Summary of Skype call with Jos

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:21:23 -0400

Well, this certainly all sounds good, and there's nothing there to argue with.
His willingness to "forgive and forget" to such a degree as to offer you/us a
seat on his foundation's board is impressive. My only two questions (probably
for Jos in the TeamSpeak conference) are:

1) I actually don't know a thing about Jos' privacy foundation. You referenced
Jos' privacy foundation a sufficient number of times that it seems important to
know more about it. Does it have a name? Can it be found on the Internet? What
is its purpose, mandate, and scope? What kind of organisation is it? How does
Jos intend that it will interface/influence/be influenced by CipherShed, in the
case CipherShed is endorsed by TCNext as the "official" TrueCrypt fork?

2) I can't find it on the TCNext website anymore, but I'd like to know what
were his/their original intentions with their original draft statement (to
which we took such great exception). The purpose of this certainly wouldn't be
bring up old wounds, but more to better understand our potential new partners'
perspective and motivations.

Alain