[ciphershed] Re: Still getting security warning on https://ciphershed.org

  • From: Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:26:16 -0400

On 06/30/2014 11:16 PM, Stephen R Guglielmo wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I get a security warning about an untrusted certificate when I point
>> FireFox to https://ciphershed.org.  I don't know if this is supposed
>> to still happen or not...
> I don't get an error either right now, using Firefox Beta 31.0. I do,
> however, get this on certain computers at work that are using a very
> outdated version of internet explorer.

The SHA1 fingerprint of the certificate i am recieving is
62:A2:09:4E:DD:A5:6C:E4:09:24:58:59:31:38:15:38:37:0A:4C:A4.

I also noticed, while checking the fingerprint, the encryption only has
128-bit keys.

    At the time of sending this message, I have not been contacted by
any government official or worker regarding my participation in
CipherShed or any related project. I have not been asked to supply any
information to them that may be used to impersonate me nor have I been
asked to aid the government or it's officials or workers in modifying
part of CipherShed or any related project. I am not aware of any of my
property or anything regarding me being bugged, searched, or compromised
in any way. Anything that accepts PGP encryption or signing should have
been cryptographically secured with my PGP key.