[ciphershed] Re: Signed System Driver

  • From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:54:46 -0400

On 6/14/2014 7:26 PM, Alain Forget wrote:
> Ah, in that case, if the Publisher name can be "WaywardGeek", that would be
> better than "Bill Cox", since "WaywardGeek" is your more easily recognisable
> 'brand'.
>
> Searching for "WaywardGeek" as you suggested just landed me on your .net
> page, your SlashDot presence, and Twitter feed! Hm, although there's not a
> long history, hopefully that'll change , and you tweet about CipherShed, and
> you have a face! (Really, I think this kind of thing makes users feel better,
> when they can put a face, person, and reputation behind a Publisher name.)
> Hmmmm, but I still haven't found the colour of your underwear, as you said I
> would. :-P ...Maybe that's for the best, for these purposes. :-)

My underwear is red.  No, blue!  Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

> Okay, this is good. If somehow the Publisher/Organisation of your certificate
> can be "WaywardGeek", in some ways, that would be even better than
> "CipherShed LLC".
>
> Alain

The organization is CipherShed, unless we decide to change it.  It's not
waywardgeek or DBA Bill Cox.  We can incorporate as a non-profit called
CipherShed tonight if we wish, for free.  All that is required in many
states for non-profits with no taxable income is to declare that they
are.  Many churches and bike clubs fall into this category.

I would be happy to be the founder of the CipherShed non-profit in North
Carolina where I live.  I have been hoping that someone in a country
with better privacy laws would offer to do this, but we can do it here
in North Carolina if we wish.

Bill Cox

P.S.  If you can't find a long history on me, it makes me doubt your
Google-foo!