[ciphershed] Re: Rebranding

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:49:50 -0400

In other parallel e-mail threads, we're talking about our organisation name
that will be on our Publisher code certificates, SSL certificates for our
domain, and e-mail domains, and a refresh of our website to make it more
user-friendly (and less of a dev-tool type website). Through all these
discussions, we're still very strongly using the "CipherShed" name.

So unless anyone has any strong objections, at least for the sake of progress
on all these other fronts (not to mention the core software's own rebranding!),
I elect that we stick with "CipherShed" for the time being. We can always
reopen the discussion at any time of course, especially if it becomes apparent
that it's causing us public image problems. However, for right now, I think we
need a firm identity, and we all seem sufficiently comfortable with
"CipherShed" being it.

Titanus, maybe you should put a link somewhere we won't lose it (the forums?)
to your Google doc, so that we still have the work you did, in case we need to
re-open the branding issue? Heck, maybe make it an actual github issue as well?

Alain