[ciphershed] Re: OS X development

  • From: Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:25:14 -0400

On 06/29/2014 10:40 AM, Stephen R Guglielmo wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Dimitri Schoolwerth
> <dimitri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For those not on IRC: I'm glad to be back with the project since
>> yesterday. I am continuing with the OS X port, progress is still the
>> same as where I left off 3 weeks ago now. Today I merged Stephen's
>> rebranding branch (along with the logo used on the site's screenshot) so
>> that I could at least post a screenshot finally:
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/baU8qky.png
>>
>> (built on OS X 10.5 to stay close to the TC 7.1a release, running on 10.9)
>>
>> I have some questions but I'll wait with those until it's more clear
>> what an initial version will contain (in case that changed as a result
>> of the first PMC meeting).
>>

>> Regards,
>> Dimitri
>>
> Hey Dimitri, no need to feel pressured to contribute every day! Even
> if you can check up on the mailing lists once a week for only an hour,
> that's still helpful! Welcome back!
>
> Would anyone object to me replacing the cropped GNU/Linux screenshot
> on the main website with this one? This one has CipherShed in the
> title bar and isn't cropped as much.

A prettier way to do screenshots of ciphershed is to do it with the
screenshot utility that comes with ubuntu and xubuntu ('not sure what
else has the same utility) because it will make the area around windows
transparent when the window itself doesn't have square decorations.

I have attached a screenshot using my current window style, i can find a
set of window styles and decorations to use soon if anyone feels my
current style is unusual for users or something.

    At the time of sending this message, I have not been contacted by
any government official or worker regarding my participation in
CipherShed or any related project. I have not been asked to supply any
information to them that may be used to impersonate me nor have I been
asked to aid the government or it's officials or workers in modifying
part of CipherShed or any related project. I am not aware of any of my
property or anything regarding me being bugged, searched, or compromised
in any way. Anything that accepts PGP encryption or signing should have
been cryptographically secured with my PGP key.