[ciphershed] Re: Mumble with Jos: Saturday at 13:00 GMT+0

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:47:25 -0400

Definitely add this to the agenda, and we should record our PMC meeting, in
case we do decide to post them.

>> Also, can we have simultaneous IRC chat with voice chat?  That would allow
>> Stephen and possibly some others to participate, and I've found it useful in
>> past meetings.

I also agree with this.

>> I like everything I've read here.  If Jos (or anyone else) wants to join in
>> and remain silent while we're discussing PMC items, that's fine by me.  The
>> more openness, the better, IMO, though we need someone with the ability
>> to kick anyone who is disruptive.  I think for efficiency it would be a good
>> idea to have Niklas run this voice meeting and come up with suggestions
>that
>> we tentatively agree to.  We could even start following the procedures we
>> come up with.  Should we put it all up for further discussion and voting on
>> the email list before anything becomes official?  That would allow Steven
>> and the others who can't make the voice meeting to have their say.

I think this first meeting should be completely closed to the public, until we
have a chance to internally discuss (and vote) on how much we want to open up
PMC meetings, the PMC mailing list, and so on.

>> Jason, I think we need to talk about auto-build and test methodology, but
>> I'm not sure if we'll have time in this meeting.  Are there PMC members who
>> would not want be involved with discussing details of test methodology?
>We
>> will need machines available for auto-build and regression tests.  Is that
>> something where Jos could help?
>>
>> Just my $0.02.
>>
>> Bill
>
>I'm not trying to hide or anything. My cell phone number is listed on
>the whois contact on my domain name, so anyone can call it. But who
>knows if I'll be able to answer or not (I don't have my phone while
>I'm at work).
>
>I'd be happy to attend meetings if I had a microphone, but it's
>difficult schedule-wise. I work second shift (3pm-11pm) and I work on
>weekends (my two days off are during the week).

Great, hopefully Bill can send Stephen a mic, so that hopefully our schedules
will co-incide.

>I'd be for recording and posting the voice chats.

Again, I think we should discuss this in the PMC meeting, but in case Stephen
can't attend (in IRC) it's good to know where your vote is. :-)

Alain