[ciphershed] Re: Mumble with Jos: Saturday at 13:00 GMT+0

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:27:31 -0400

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephen, would you attend future voice meetings if I sent you a USB mic?  I
> have some extras.
>
> One item for discussion: should we record voice meetings and post them?
> Also, can we have simultaneous IRC chat with voice chat?  That would allow
> Stephen and possibly some others to participate, and I've found it useful in
> past meetings.
>
> I like everything I've read here.  If Jos (or anyone else) wants to join in
> and remain silent while we're discussing PMC items, that's fine by me.  The
> more openness, the better, IMO, though we need someone with the ability to
> kick anyone who is disruptive.  I think for efficiency it would be a good
> idea to have Niklas run this voice meeting and come up with suggestions that
> we tentatively agree to.  We could even start following the procedures we
> come up with.  Should we put it all up for further discussion and voting on
> the email list before anything becomes official?  That would allow Steven
> and the others who can't make the voice meeting to have their say.
>
> Jason, I think we need to talk about auto-build and test methodology, but
> I'm not sure if we'll have time in this meeting.  Are there PMC members who
> would not want be involved with discussing details of test methodology?  We
> will need machines available for auto-build and regression tests.  Is that
> something where Jos could help?
>
> Just my $0.02.
>
> Bill

I'm not trying to hide or anything. My cell phone number is listed on
the whois contact on my domain name, so anyone can call it. But who
knows if I'll be able to answer or not (I don't have my phone while
I'm at work).

I'd be happy to attend meetings if I had a microphone, but it's
difficult schedule-wise. I work second shift (3pm-11pm) and I work on
weekends (my two days off are during the week).

I'd be for recording and posting the voice chats.