[ciphershed] Re: Introduction - Jason Pyeron

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 09:51:31 -0400

Welcome, and I agree that the mailing list is the main channel, especially
since it's asynchronous and publicly archived, so everyone can see it and
participate.

I've also noticed below your sig, it reads, "This message is copyright PD Inc,
subject to license 20080407P00." Since this project and I think all its output
(including the mailing list archives) are intended to be free (and specifically
not copyright), does that kind of blanket e-mail copyright statement run
counter to our goals?

Furthermore, since I don't explicitly copyright my e-mails, it seems that
because you do, then statements I've said in a previous e-mail message are now
being copyrighted by you in their reply. I'm not terribly comfortable with
that, and I hope I'm misunderstanding how that copyright statement works. Could
you please clarify?

Alain