[ciphershed] Re: Introduction

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:52:25 +0800

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:46:41 -0400
"Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I may as well introduce myself as well. I am currently a usable security and
> privacy researcher at Carnegie Mellon University. I haven't done much work in
> cryptography, but I and many in my field trust and strongly value TrueCrypt,
> so there is personal and professional interest in seeing TrueCrypt continue
> and be secure, reliable, and usable.
>
> While I can't promise I'll have many cycles in the short-term for tangible
> contributions, I can be at your disposal for a usable security and privacy
> perspective on whatever aspects of the project. If TrueCrypt (or whatever it
> ultimately becomes) is to be widely-adopted by the public, it needs to be
> usable by them. While TrueCrypt is/was by far the most usable encryption
> solution I've known of, I still think it needs more work to be easily
> understandable to and usable by typical end-users.
>
> In the future, I may have more resources to devote to this endeavour,
> including code contributions, usability analyses and studies, and (hopefully)
> research publications, which would increase awareness of (and potentially
> buy-in and additional contributions to) this project to the research
> community (which includes academics, professionals, and government parties).
>
> Alain

Hi Alain,

nice to hear from you! We can certainly need some talent from your
field. The one we probably lack the most is usability-analysis,
but also code contributions and others will be valued.

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.