[ciphershed] Re: First YouTube warrant canary?

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 10:18:52 -0400

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
<compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> I hope you're not offended, but I could not help but delete the tweet
> you sent about the video.
> While I thought it was very funny, I fear it might deliver a wrong
> picture of the legitimacy of the ciphershed project.
>
> I tried to only publish tweets under the CipherShed twitter account
> that are commonly accepted by all closer members. I think we should
> maintain that ideal to avoid potential problems with inner-group
> dynamics and publicity. ;)

Honestly, I think it was ok. It was funny and showed to the community
that we're "real people," not some amorphic group with names on an
About page.

It doesn't really matter that much though, so it's fine that you got
rid of it. Lets not loose focus!