[ciphershed] Re: First YouTube warrant canary?

  • From: PID0 <p1dz3r0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:05:11 +0100

Forgive me for not keeping up with the thread but; did we agree on a
teamspeak/skype voice channel? I quite like the idea of being able to
collab without having to switch windows a lot to check IRC.

On 09/06/2014 19:29, Kyle Marek wrote:
> On 06/09/2014 02:24 PM, Stephen R Guglielmo wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Well that's kinda what i'm saying, but without driving to meet people. all
>>> you have to do is get in a skype call or something and you can see right
>>> there who you're talking to.
>> Yeah, that'd work. Obviously I can't drive from the US to Taiwan,
>> haha. Technically, you're not supposed to transfer keys over unsecure
>> means (the internet) anyway. NITM attacks: NSA-In-The-Middle ;-) But I
>> suppose because we're so distributed around the world, that's
>> something we'll have to manage with for now.
>>
>> BTW, your top-posting is driving me nuts :-P
>>
> I was sure that would make someone mad but I didn't think that's how i
> should be doing it when the quote is just building and building. Should
> I be removing the quotes inside the quote and just leave it as the last
> message?
>
> Well anyway, i thought that since you're NEVER transferring your private
> key, that this is safe and the public key could never change otherwise
> communications wouldn't work. Like think about it, a tampered public key
> doesn't correspond to your private key, as in, things wouldn't say "Good
> signature from" or encrypted things couldn't decrypt at all. So since
> they can't tamper with the private key at the same time, i don't see
> anything wrong with it; i thought this thinking is by design.

>     At the time of sending this message, I have not been contacted by
> any government official or worker regarding my participation in
> CipherShed or any related project. I have not been asked to supply any
> information to them that may be used to impersonate me nor have I been
> asked to aid the government or it's officials or workers in modifying
> part of CipherShed or any related project. I am not aware of any of my
> property or anything regarding me being bugged, searched, or compromised
> in any way. Anything that accepts PGP encryption or signing should have
> been cryptographically secured with my PGP key.

At the time of writing, no warrants have been served to me, nor am I
under any legal compulsion concerning the CipherShed project. I do not
know of any searches of seizures of my assets.