[ciphershed] Re: First YouTube warrant canary?

  • From: Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 12:38:20 -0400

I thought teamspeak was open source. It doesn't really matter what we
use, though, since nothing but our keys needs to be secret in this case.
Anyone have a time in mind?

On 06/09/2014 10:41 AM, Bill Cox wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 9:29 AM, Kyle Marek wrote:
> > I'm not very fond of the idea of a youtube video as a public
> > warrant canary. If it's what needs to be done to establish trust in
> > us not being compromised, then so be it, but wouldn't it just be
> > simpler to have a group call or a conversation in something like
> > teamspeak over this?
>
> I'm all for having a group voice chat.  Faking voices and
> personalities convincingly is hard once you get to know a person, so I
> think that makes a very reasonable way to run warrant canaries.  It
> wouldn't have to be all that often.
>
> Teamspeak is OK.  Mumble is FOSS, though.  I could even go with Google
> Hangouts or Skype.
>
> Bil

    At the time of sending this message, I have not been contacted by
any government official or worker regarding my participation in
CipherShed or any related project. I have not been asked to supply any
information to them that may be used to impersonate me nor have I been
asked to aid the government or it's officials or workers in modifying
part of CipherShed or any related project. I am not aware of any of my
property or anything regarding me being bugged, searched, or compromised
in any way. Anything that accepts PGP encryption or signing should have
been cryptographically secured with my PGP key.