[ciphershed] Compiling on Windows: Include Prereqs?

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:09:22 -0400

I have TC compiling successfully on Windows. I'll get a binary up
soon. There are a bunch of prerequisites to get it working, some
freely available and some not. I was going to include everything I
could (the freely available/licensed) within our codebase for
ease-of-use. I was wondering if everyone else felt the same.

My proposal:
-The original TrueCrypt 7.1a archives (the tar.gz and the .zip) are
located in `/OriginalSources/`.
-The truecrypt-hashes.asc file is also in there, along with a short
text file proving the verification.
-The three RSA PKS header files are in `/Pkcs11/`
-gzip.exe and dd.exe from the GnuWin32 project are included in `/GnuWin32/`

How does this sound for including this stuff in our distribution? Or
should we leave it for others to obtain?

I'm writing Windows compilation instructions on the wiki.

I wanted to included Microsoft Visual C++ 1.52c, however, I don't
think the license would allow it. I can't find details on the license
though (there's no LICENSE file in the zip). It's from 1993, so I
doubt Microsoft would pursue a lawsuit. However, I wouldn't want to
include anything questionable.