[ciphershed] Re: CipherShed.org mail addresses

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:04:05 +0800

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 07:57:16 -0400
"Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

The idea is not to put the addresses up publicly, but to have--as Chris
said--a frame for official messaging concerning the ciphershed project.
Otherwise users may see aforget@xxxxxxx post something on the list, but
fail to see that it comes from someone on the inside / PMC.

> >      - an email address for contact, that may or may not forward to either
> >     the PMC mailing list or the public mailing list?
>
> We definitely need a general e-mail address for contact, and my initial
> thought is that it should probably forward to the PMC mailing list. It's not
> necessarily great, since this might muck the mailing list with spam or tech
> support requests, but it would give the PMC the chance to either send it
> wherever it should go and/or deliberate on how to respond, if it's a more
> serious type thing. Will there be a (hopefully) easy way to reply from that
> same e-mail address?

Sure we could send something from that email. I don't know how great an
idea would be to share the login credentials with the whole PMC. I
think us answering from our personal @ciphershed.org domains might
actually be better, but that can be discussed.

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.