[cinemaexp] Re: feelings! Yes!

  • From: Laurie Graves <laurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 08:33:31 -0500

Hi, All--

Well, there! Yes, in /Ramen Shop/ there is a passion for soup, which helps heal wounds that are very deep.

Laurie

On 11/5/2018 4:58 PM, Nancy Meader wrote:

Hi all,
    I'll vote for the Ramen film simply based upon Alice and Laurie's responses. I have been screening several trailers and see endless been-there-seen-that glimpses. (Could be way wrong, of course) But I don't come across much joy, depth, nor passion. A good amount of gloom and crying, yes. Disclaimer. I just bought the three disc Criterion set of ANDREI RUBLEV. At 183 minutes we could screen it over two weeks. It was great at MIFF last summer. And so many never got to see it.
    Jess funnin.
    I remain one who believes absolutely that the big screen is not merely a bigger image - it is a distinctly different experience. And that's why my heart yearns so often to see once again some great piece in that way. You all notice perhaps that I am always rooting for the "Classic" selection - the old guy. The great film.
    Rabbit Proof Fence. The Thin Red Line. Since Otar Left. Winged Migration. That kind of stuff on the big screen. And I do look forward to the Ramen film - a passion for soup, is it?
VV        A

--
Laurie Graves
hinterlandspress.com