[cinemaexp] More movies screened - one our of four isn't all that bad?

  • From: Clif <cgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 19:13:16 -0400

Hi, all-- we have sampled quite a few movies.

"Complicity," unfortunately, turned out to be a disappointment. Opaque and remote and not much about food. Do not recommend. Watched a bit of

"Anthropocene," which is beautifully filmed and an important subject. Definitely a "plate of vegetables" but we think it should be strongly considered.

"Gregory's Girl" has not aged well. The soundtrack and overall look has a late 1970s sitcom feel. Parts might be quirky and amiable, but the scene where two teachers yuck it up while discussing their lust for a young student is just plain yucky. If this were a serious movie, this might have relevance, but played for laughs it's just plain offensive. Strongly do not recommend.

"Give Me Liberty" has a kicky energy, but the film goes on for far too long. After a while, you want to say, enough already.

Clif and Laurie

--
-----
Clif Graves Consulting