[cinemaexp] Re: FW: "CUBAN FOOD STORIES" and "TVTV:VIDEO REVOLUTIONARIES"

  • From: Laurie Graves <laurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 09:46:38 -0400

Hi, all--

I watched part of TVTV and agree with Clif.

Both of us watched most of Cuban Food Stories, and unfortunately we found the narrative rather blah even though the cinematography was beautiful. Because of the blahness, we can't recommend it, but perhaps others should take a look.

Laurie

On 11/1/2018 5:52 PM, Clif Graves wrote:

Folks I just finished screening TVTV. What a flash from the past. I had one of the early Sony decks and even have a copy of Guerrilla Television the 1971 book about the TVTV movement. But while it is an interesting take on the rise of citizen video journalism, as a doc I do not see it as compelling for our audience.

You could envision a similar doc that links TVTV with current cell phone videos capturing the 'truth' of events in a way that those with big cameras and support trucks cannot. In some ways an unbroken chain of developing technology.

Unfortunately this is not that doc.

Clif

---
-----

Clif Graves Consulting
cgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -https://www.clifgraves.com
-https://www.hinterlandspress.com

On 2018-10-29 19:38, Joel Johnson wrote:
Here are the other two screener links I received from First Run
Features for the documentaries "CUBAN FOOD STORIES" and "TVTV: VIDEO
REVOLUTIONARIES." As I mentioned in my earlier e-mail about last
week's meeting and updates, I am pursuing a couple of other screeners,
too.

--
Laurie Graves
hinterlandspress.com