[cinemaexp] FINAL DRAFT promo materials

  • From: "Shannon Haines" <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:31:35 -0500

Hi all!

Attached are the final draft promo materials for CinEx 2016. Please let me know
by noon-ish if you have any corrections or edits. The website is also up,
though I still have to add the sponsors/advertisers:
http://www.railroadsquarecinema.com/cinema-explorations-2016/. ONE QUESTION:
Should we remove the “$4 for children” – are any of our screenings appropriate
for children?

In other news, I have confirmed that Kyle Stevens
(https://www.colby.edu/directory/profile/kyle.stevens/), Visiting Assistant
Professor of Cinema Studies and English at Colby, will lead a discussion
following the March 5 screening of HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT. He is very enthusiastic
about it as it ties in perfectly with the course that he is teaching on
Hitchcock this spring! Unless anyone objects, I am going to offer free
admission for his students in the hopes that the free bagels and the free movie
will get those students to the screening. Do we have an online screener that we
can share with him should he wish to watch the film in advance? Should I put
Kyle in touch with you, Joel, about details? As you may have heard or perhaps
observed (at this point it is becoming more and more obvious), my husband and I
are expecting a baby in mid-March (!), so I am not sure I will be around for
HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT (and definitely not for DUKHTAR!), so I just want to make
sure that Kyle has a point person.

It looks like we will once again have gift certificates from Grand Central and
Buen Apetito for entertaining guests. We have also comped an ad to Waterville
Creates! in exchange for them promoting these screenings via boosted posts on
their social media, so that will help us reach a wider audience.

Still working on speakers for Taxi and Dukhtar. I will also be drafting a press
release to issue sometime this month (probably after Christmas but before New
Year’s) and will send that around for review and input.

I think that’s it for now!

Shannon