[cinemaexp] Re: CINEMA EXPLORATIONS UPDATE AND OUR NEXT MEETING

  • From: Laurie <laurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinemaexp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 08:49:34 -0500

We'll be there!

Laurie

On 11/12/2015 10:21 PM, Joel Johnson wrote:

For those who were not at our meeting yesterday, below is the schedule that I have asked Ken to book for us. I have secured a tentative commitment (barring work opportunities) from David McLain, the cinematographer and producer, to be present on Sunday, January 10^th . Hopefully, we will not have any problems reaching a fair agreement with the distributors for showing their films. We do, of course, have some good alternative choices should such a problem arise.

January 9-10: BOUNCE: HOW THE BALL TAUGHT THE WORLD TO PLAY

January 23-24: PEACE OFFICER

February 6-7: MON OCLE ANTOINE

February 20-21: TAXI

March 5-6: HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT

March 19-20: DUKHTAR (DAUGHTER)

Our work now changes from selecting films and making a schedule to promotion, advertising, and planning for the post-film discussions. There are some niche appeals that we may want to make and, of course, there may be outside individuals who may help us in discussing the films. Some of you may already have some ideas on these issues. I have invited Shannon to come to our next meeting as her role will be very important for us in this stage. She is available next Monday in the morning. Hopefully, the Monday at 10:00 am timeslot will continue to work for most of us. I hope to see all of you next Monday at 10:00 am at Railroad Square.

Joel