[cinci_dads] Re: a question on the philosophy of SAHDs

  • From: "Tim Nabors" <timnabors@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:37:13 -0400

How cool is this?  I bet he'll be the only one in his class!  'A+' for sure!
Say's a lot about you Zig...sounds like he is seeing that his parents put
his well being before their own wants.

Aiming higher than a Stay at Home Dad is great - but how great is it to be a
SAHD!  I'd encourage him now to go for it...his 'I want to be a _____when I
grow up' will change many times.  Plus - it's a job I bet not many in his
class has heard about - so it's an educational thing!  How great to see
stereotypes being overcome at this age.  My daughter still thinks it's
strange that some Dad's leave the house everyday to go to work.  Stranger
and more troubling to her is that often both parents work and the kids have
to go to daycare!

But - when it comes right down to it, just tell your son he'll end up doing
what his wife tells him to do.

Tim