[cinci_dads] a question on the philosophy of SAHDs

  • From: "Zig & Ali Main" <ziggyali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:53:00 -0400

Hi all!

I'm not a great one on the philosophy of being a stay-home dad (just a
pragmatist, I'm afraid). However, I've just been struck with a poser of
a question.

My 7 year-old second grader has been doing all about careers at school
and he has decided that he wants to be a stay-home dad. Tomorrow is
Careers Day and the kids are to go dressed up for their future careers
and Caleb is going to go as a stay-home dad (in shorts and T-shirt).

Whilst I am overjoyed that he considers it to be such a positive thing
to do, part of me thinks that I should be encouraging him to aim
somewhat higher.

Views, please (Yes, PLEASE, as I really don't know what to say to him).

Many thanks,

Zig

//www.freelists.org/archives/cinci_dads

free to contact http://www.cincinnatidads.com/ (Cinci Dads) or ctelling@xxxxxxx