[cinci_dads] Seen it before, but good.....

  • From: Scubadog88@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:02:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2002 8:38:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kleebird88
writes:

<< Mud Puddles and dandelions.......

 When  I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going
to take over my yard.  My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff
you can wish on.
 When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty
person who probably wants money and I look away.  My kids see someone smiling
at them and they smile back.
 When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much
rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.  My kids feel the beat and move
to it.  They sing out the words.  If they don't know them, they make up their
own.
 When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it.  I feel it messing
up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.  My kids close their eyes, spread
their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.
 When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.  My kids
say, "Hi God!" Thanks for my toys and my friends.  Please keep the bad dreams
away tonight.  Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet.  I would miss my
mommy and daddy."
 When I see a mud puddle I step around it.  I see muddy shoes and dirty
carpets.  My kids sit in it.  They see dams to build, rivers to cross and
worms to play with.
 --I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from?
 --No wonder God loves the little children!!
 --Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
 --I wish you BIG MUD PUDDLES AND SUNNY YELLOW DANDELIONS !! >>

Rick Thomas-Harmon
RTH
Visit Cincinnati Stay at Home Dads at:
www.cincinnatidads.com
[...]