[cinci_dads] Re: Save NPR and PBS

  • From: Koloszar Paul <koloszars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:46:56 -0400

Thanks Tim! I can't imagine life without PBS. How else would I have any time for myself during the day without that hour of Sesame Street?!?!?!

Speaking of NPR, Tim gave a good interview on Monday! For those who missed it, look for the June 13, 2005 (4 archived segments) show on http://www.wmub.org/interconnect/.

Paul
On 2005, Jun 14, , at 5:11 PM, Tim Nabors wrote:

Hi,

You know that email petition that keeps circulating about how Congress is slashing funding for NPR and PBS? Well, now it's actually true. (Really. Check the footnotes if you don't believe me.)

Sign the petition telling Congress to save NPR and PBS:

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

A House panel has voted to eliminate all funding for NPR and PBS, starting with "Sesame Street," "Reading Rainbow," and other commercial-free children's shows. If approved, this would be the most severe cut in the history of public broadcasting, threatening to pull the plug on Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch.

The cuts would slash 25% of the federal funding this year—$100 million—and end funding altogether within two years. The loss could kill beloved children's shows like "Clifford the Big Red Dog," "Arthur," and "Postcards from Buster." Rural stations and those serving low-income communities might not survive. Other stations would have to increase corporate sponsorships.

If we can reach 250,000 signatures by the end of the week, we'll put Congress on notice.

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

Thanks!

P.S. Read the Washington Post report on the threat to NPR and PBS at:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=745

Tim Nabors

Visit Cincinnati Stay at Home Dads at:
www.cincinnatidads.com