[cinci_dads] I'm back!

  • From: "niewierowski" <n.ski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:47:56 -0500

Howdy all!
For those who left messages by any mode of communication. Let me first start by
APOLOGIZING for not responding in a timely fashion. Michele, my
wife, has been away in New Jersey now for two weeks and I've been doing
solo parenting, WHEW! Anyhow, I was able to take the kids to New Jersey
over the weekend to visit "mom" and to be with members of my family from
the New York City & Philadelphia areas.
I had the opportunity to be with my cousins who survived the WTC collapse
and reflect over my cousin "Juney" who was a victim of that tragedy. The
NYC skyline looks barren without the twin towers. I wasn't prepared emotionally
or physically to view the mass devastation of "ground zero".
The smell of smoke, dust, decay and death is very present. Words of
remembrance, prayer, support and hatred were scribbled almost
everywhere on building walls that surrounded the perimeter.
Many people still holding their daily vigils while relief workers continue
to work the site. Disturbing.
It blows the mind that some people flock there as tourists. morbid curiosity
with camera in hand. I even heard the comment, "been there, done that".
Anyhow, I was suppose to return Monday but our flight from Newark got
cancelled shortly after we checked-in at the airport. I decided to fly out
today and spend another day with my wife. We found out much later
why the airport closed. Glad to be back and I pray Michele returns to
me safely this Friday night.
Hope to be at the children's home Friday,
Aloha!
rick  N-ski