[cinci_dads] Re: Fw: parent to parent

  • From: "Paul Kovach" <p_kovach@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:58:50 +0000

My name is Paul Kovach, I have a boy and girl, who are twins, that are starting kindergarten this fall. They were both involved in Pre-school. They enjoyed playing with their friends, learning from the teacher and are excited about attending kindergarten for these same reasons. They had little trouble with adjusting to pre-school and I am not anticipating problems with them going to kindergarten. If you are wondering about the "twin" aspect, the teachers and I found that they have seperate friends, interests, and activities. There was little indication that they relied on each other to get through.

The parents are the ones that seem to have the most difficulty adjusting to their children going to kindergarten, or middle/HighSchool for that matter. When they went to pre-school, my wife had the more difficult emotional adjustment to her "babies" growing up and starting on the road to independence. I was happy to see them go (not literally) because of the new experience for them and the challenges they would face. I expect these same feelings will be present when our children go to kindergarten in the fall. I don't know that there is any easy way to cope with the transition and feeling that go with this stage of life. I am going to enjoy watching them go through kindergarten, since it will only happen once.

Hope this was helpful.
Paul K

From: "Cincinnati Dads" <cincinnatidads@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Cincinnati Dads" <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>