[cinci_dads] Christmas!!

  • From: "Scott and Christine Herforth" <herforths@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:35:05 -0500

Ok, here is the plan.

Tim, could you contact Kate at the Childrens home and make sure it is ok for us
to have a small party at our regular scheduled time on Friday the 21st.

Could I please have a volunteer to play Santa!!!!!! Don't make me choose
someone. Does anybody have a Santa costume or know where we can rent one cheap.
(If we have to rent perhaps we can all chip in) This I need an answer to soon
because I am sure it is hard to find Santa suits this time of year.

Second. I wish for everyone to bring to me a small gift for there own
child(ren) for santa to bring. Please make sure it is wraped and has there name
on it. You guys need to get them to me by the 21st so i can have this all
organized. I think providing a gift for our own child will be easier than
trying to do a gift exchange.

Third, we should all bring a food item to munch on. Lets start circulating a
list of who will bring what. I will bring the much needed paper plates,
napkins, cups and drinks. The rest is up to you guys. I suggest we all put in
5.00 a family and order a meat tray and have cold cuts. 5.00 a family will
cover the meat tray. So not only will I be hitting you up for a gift I will be
looking for that 5.00. I will be at the childrens home friday and the museum an
monday so lets get busy planning.

Here is a list of suggested items. Pick one and take it off the list or bring
your own suggestion.
Condiments (mustard, mayo...etc)
Chips
pretzels
gold fish crackers (always a hit with the kids)
Potato salad
Christmas cookies (can never get enough of these!!!)
brownies
macaroni or pasta salad
buns or bread (or both)

We can all pitch in and this will be a fun time for the kids as well as the
adults. If spouses can attend, they are more than welcome too. So lets
celebrate the spirit of the season and the good friends we have in each other.

-The Herforths