[cinci_dads] Re: Cell Phone services

  • From: "John Elliott" <jelliott_2727@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:06:37 -0500

Mark,

We have Cincinnati Bell wireless, DSL and phone service through them and our bill is nearly $130-$145 a month. I don't think we've ever exceeded our minutes. I think it's a little steep and there's got to be a better deal out there, just not sure where to look. Does that sound expensive? For us we opted for DSL rather than cable TV. My wife's relatives are in Europe so we wanted to be able to connect quickly to the internet.

I think Cin Bell wireless has resolved their local roaming issues because of the complaints and negative publicity. It's nice not to be bound by a contract restrictions too. One thing I don't like about Cin Bell is that we don't have coverage at our own house. If I get a cell call I either get the voicemail or have to run out to the porch to have a broken conversation. Could be we have an antiquated phone Nokia wireless crank phone. Could be that the local activists in our neighborhood have sued ATT to take down the cell phone towers. Could be our deep deep valley. (Very sarcastic)

Personally I think the add/subtract campaign is a clever ploy. Bottom line, you're going to pay more, but it's all at one stop.

John Elliott

- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archives/cinci_dads