[cifnmedia] Wednesday accident leads to death of 1.

  • From: "Mike D." <cubsfreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:13:03 -0600

www.wjbdradio.com

A 27-year-old Salem man is dead following a single car accident late Wednesday night. Marion County Sheriff's Deputies say Bradley Dale Abbott of the Lamplight Apartments on Roddy Road was pronounced dead at Salem Township Hospital.

Abbott was the driver of a car that lost control on the Hotze Road just north of Boone Street. A passenger, 19-year-old Rachel Erwin of Schuler Road in Salem, was initially taken to Salem Township Hospital and then airlifted to St. Louis University Hospital, has been treated and released.

Sheriff's Deputies say Abbott was northbound on Hotze at a high rate of speed when he skidded through the Boone Street intersection, slid sideways off the road into the ditch and rolled several times.

Both Abbott and Erwin were thrown from the vehicle. Neither was wearing a seatbelt.

The wreck occurred shortly after eleven Wedensday night.

Michael Dickerson
Need to leave me a message or find out if I am online?
http://cifn2.chatango.com/
IWARN, Inc. Trustee
FLORA E.S.D.A & FLORA RESCUE SQUAD
STATE OF ILLINOIS CERTIFIED EMT-B