[cifnmedia] Talbot woman is state's EMS Provider of the Year

  • From: <gmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sean Aaron" <cifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Brad Dietrick" <bradfurniturefirst@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:08:39 -0400

      Talbot woman is state's EMS Provider of the Year

            By: VICKI FISHER , Staff Writer  05/24/2004

           MARGARET STEIN
      EASTON - A Talbot County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) paramedic was
honored Monday for being named Maryland EMS Provider of the Year.

      Margaret Stein, who has been a Talbot County EMS paramedic for nearly
four years and an Oxford Volunteer Fire Company ambulance captain for eight,
has volunteered her free time organizing and training people for Talbot
County's Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), or Operation Save Heart,
program.

      "I was completely surprised," said Stein. "I had no idea."

      Mark Cummings, Talbot County EMS director, said he nominated Stein for
the award for her ongoing efforts as a paramedic who consistently works on
related projects in her free time.

      "I feel great for her, both personally and professionally," he said. "So
many deserving people go unrecognized and this time they chose the right
person."

      Cummings described Stein as the backbone of the defibrillator program.

      Stein has worked in her spare time to do 80 percent of the training
involved in the AED program, Cummings said. The AED program distributes 140
defibrillators in public places throughout the county. Stein has done all of
the record keeping for the program and also has taught CPR to many of the
defibrillator recipients. She also was responsible for recording and accounting
at Winterfest, the statewide EMS conference on Tilghman Island, said Cummings.

      Complete story appears in the print version.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image