[cifnmedia] Fw: Fwd: : The Veteran

  • From: <gmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Richards" <TOBY15@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Bill Windson" <corvette@xxxxxxxxxx>,"Sean Aaron" <cifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Donna Landon" <cdlandon47@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Brad Dietrick" <bradfurniturefirst@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"BRAD DIETRICK" <badleybreak@xxxxxxxxx>, <cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:45:20 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Claudia.Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:55 AM
Subject: FW: Fwd: : The Veteran

Subject: FW: The Veteran

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN,
who salutes the Flag,

It is the veteran,
who serves under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD,
AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT  SHINE UPON THEM.

I don't know if you saw this in the news but it really impressed me.  Funny,
our US Senate/House took 2 days off as they couldn't work because of the
expected storm.

On the ABC evening news, it was reported tonight that, because of the dangers
from Hurricane Isabelle approaching Washington DC, the military members
assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given
permission to suspend the assignment.

They respectfully declined the offer, "No way, Sir!"

Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said
that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor
that can be afforded to a serviceperson.

The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930.

I don't usually suggest that many emails be forwarded, but I'd be DAMN proud if
this one reached as many as possible.

We can be very proud of our men and women in the service no matter where they
serve.

God Bless them.

JPEG image

JPEG image