[cifnmedia] CIFN

  • From: "Mike D" <cubsfreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cifnmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Central_Illinois_Fire_Network@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:08:13 -0600

Hey all long time no posts.  I hope to have my DSL up and running by later tonight (Thursday the 30th.)  I will hopefully start streaming it live while I am home and online.  I am going to be checking into it.  There will be a site or link created where you can listen to it.  This will be the first online CIFN scanner.  This could lead to other online scanners.  I have an idea this will work well in areas were we have lack of coverage, if someone has highspeed ISP and has a good firewall and is willing to set their computer up , I would be willing to consult and assist it setting it up.  Also for those CIFN members who haven't heard about IWARN I suggest you check it out.  IWARN would be a great addition to CIFN.  It would allow dispatchers in the local areas or between bases to communicate using a frequency.  IWARN is intended for weather reporting and relays.  IWARN has a different tone for search and rescue operations.  I would like to get CIFN a different tone so we would not hear unwanted traffic and would be part of the network which is intended to have a couple repeaters up in the next few years money and time willing.  I am excited about this new group and I believe there is one other CIFN guy involved from North Central Illinois.  He will have a base also.  This frequency will allow approved users of the system to have a talk channel when monitoring the same situation and share information like as to who will page the call.  Anyways hopefully later tonight I will be speeding at the speed of light.  Have a great day and will update you as I can.

Michael

Michael Dickerson
FLORA E.S.D.A & FLORA RESCUE SQUAD
STATE OF ILLINOIS CERTIFIED EMT-B
CIFN*2 Central Illinois Fire Network -SOUTHERN Coordinator
ABC25 Storm Spotter for Clay County,IL
GMRS License : WPZT859