[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] World Artistic Games competitors

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:25:56 +0100

Dear all,

After the successful Belgium WArtGames selection contest, I got not-so-good news about the Czech contest due to take place next month. In short, the schedule is so tight that it will not, in my opinion, accommodate more than 5 or 6 pilots, effectively preventing any candidate to improve on the Belgium ranking points or, for new competitors,to have any chance getting enough ranking points. In any case, as the contest is over only one day, I can't seriously imagine competitors travelling long distance just for three flights (at the most) without any possibility to change the present ranking.

I append the results of the Belgium selection contest. The ranking points are in blue.

Under such circumstances, the tentative list of WArtGames qualified competitors is almost complete. It is appended here. They are either the competitors qualified from the Belgian contest, other National champions as well as the three WAG medal winners. It makes, at this point, 19 competitors out of 24 (plus a few reserve). Add to that number the two USA pilots to be nominated by AMA and the Chinese pilot to be invited, this amounts to 22 pilots out of 24. We then have to add :
- the Swiss National champion, to be known in March,
- the Czech second competitor, provided his ranking points at the Czech contest are high enough. Please note that the appended list is tentative only, not official, so please keep it for you only.

Also, all this depends upon China nominating one pilot and, of course, we need a few reserve pilots to stand ready, should anyone be unable to attend at the last minute.

Within a few days, FAI should send invitations to NAC to nominate pilots, either as competing pilots or as reserve. I am particularly thinking at Austria, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) but other countries are possible. Ken, if no Chinese competitor shows up, it would be nice to have a second Japanese pilot, either as invited or reserve pilot.

If you think at other countries, please tell me.

Guy R.