[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: World Artistic Games - Suggested competitors

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:55:52 +0200

Andres & all,

So here is what I will propose to the CIAM Bureau :
1) WAG 2009 trophy winners automatically selected.
2) NACs may nominate up to 2 pilots, either through selection contest(s) or otherwise. (note) We cannot tell national aero clubs to organise selection contests. It is up to them to choose the selection method they want.
3) Nomination to be made before the end of March, 2012.
4) Final list to be made by us by comparing proposed pilots performance against known top pilots at WAG 2013 international sxelection contests (Prague, Vilnius, Belgium, France ? ). By necessity, this does not include Chris Brislin from Australia. Mike, it would really help if you could have Chris aware of this and produce a video of his flying. I really want to have one more continent represented at the World Artistic Games and it could be a boost to indoor freestyle aerobatics in Australia. 5) This list to be presented to the April, 2012 CIAM Bureau for final agreement. This is the latest time it can be done so that official invitations are sent by FAI, taking into account that the following CIAM Bureau will meet in December, 2012.
6) Most probably the judges will have to be nominated at the same time.

Comparison with know pilots is an absolute necessity. Just think that some NACs may nominate two pilots nobody has ever heard about, we need to assess whether they really are World class. On the other hand, it is highly possible that NACs having known top pilots will not even respond, so we will have to make pilots from these countries aware of WArtGames, it will then be up to them to awake their NAC. It could well be the case of USA as AMA is increasingly disengaging from FAI events. Terry, could you have AMA made aware of this multi-sports event which is a SportAccord event, i.e. a step above FAI (and there is none above that) ? More about that later.

One good thing already : The Slovenian NAC already officially agreed to nomintate Alan Goljevcek for the World Artistic Games.

Guy R.

At 14:09 10/06/2011, you wrote:
Hello Guy.

I believe that the pilots Martin Muller, Fabien Turpaud and Donatas Pauzuolis must be on the contest directly, they make the most atractive aeromusicals, and they are very popular. I can´t image a world contest without they, and for shure, go to selection contest is a lot of work, time, money, etc. If they go to selection contest, they will be on the top for shure, and finally we can´t make the proper selection for the rest of competitors.

  Just my opinion.

 Regards.

 Andres.