[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] World Artistic Games - Again

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:22:30 +0200

Dear all,

If you have a look at the WArtGames draft schedule, you will see that we will share the hall with two other sports on the first day and with only one on the second day.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know more about these sports:
- Artistic roller skating is roughly identical to ice skating and apparently uses the same size area, so we don't need to bother on this matter, it will be wide enough for us. As for the ceiling, on second thought it depends upon the number of seated spectators - the more seats, the higher the building must be. So most certainly no fear on this matter.

Videos are not that easy to find, a sign that the sport is as obscure as ours ;-) . Here are a couple of them:
<http://youtu.be/5v-yzEYG7aM>http://youtu.be/5v-yzEYG7aM
http://youtu.be/voSOg9iTBco

Note spectators are few, the sport needs multi-sports games at least as much as we do.

- Artistic cycling shares the same anonimity and, actually, I would call it acrobatic rather than artistic. Here is a video from a championship:
<http://youtu.be/TIdP1qfI5Yo>http://youtu.be/TIdP1qfI5Yo

Here again, spectators are visibly mostly just friends & family. However, shows and demos can be quite interesting :
<http://youtu.be/bhjYQFDNXps>http://youtu.be/bhjYQFDNXps

Quite frankly, I believe we can be at least as attractive as thse two sports and probably much more, it will remain for us to be somewhat more professional in the presentation area (competitors behaviour and attire).

So. What do you think ?

Guy R.